For more than 40 years since the establishment of OUCC, it has specialized in the production of “ethylene oxide and ethylene glycol”and established professional strength of OUCC in the industry. At the beginning of its establishment, it also experienced Ten Major Construction Projects in Taiwan. Therefore, the productive expertise and enterprise system of OUCC have grown stronger, and it has become an important supplier of petrochemical industry in the international and Asia-Pacific regions.
In response to the rapid changes in the market, OUCC actively carries out the transformation plan of R&D production, expands the diversified business strategy of product application, and takes the growth of specialty chemicals as the innovative R&D goal. Thus, the management strength of OUCC is more refined and we create professional value in high-precision chemistry. In addition, OUCC provides original solutions for customers, enhances the competitiveness in the market, and implements the simple and stable business philosophy.
OUCC has built a good core foundation in the petrochemical industry because of 40 years of deep cultivation and expansion. Now we need to work hard towards the road of sustainable management, and "circulation" is to think about how to make production conditions better and better. We integrated the interdepartmental discussions of the R&D team, rethinking and planning the production process. Even if we will face arduous challenges in the process, we will work tirelessly and fearlessly. In order to focus on the new pattern of sustainable concept, we will reach the goal of sustainable development, to be harmony with society and the environment.
The Chronicles of OUCC
- Complete development of application solutions for textile dyeing and finishing, agriculture, construction chemistry
- Far Eastern Union Petrochemical (Yangzhou) Ltd. awarded the Second Jiangsu Province Zifeng Award(Growth Enterprise Award).
- Awarded Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Award.
- Selected by Taiwan Index Plus Co., Ltd. to be included in the "FTSE4Good TIP Taiwan ESG Index"
- Obtained ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System certification.
- Completed the technical revamp of EOD plant at Oriental Petrochemical (Yangzhou) Corp, increasing EOD annual output to 66,000 tons.
- Awarded the “Outstanding Imported Manufacturer Certificate” by the Bureau of International Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- Obtained ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management System certification.
- Obtained ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System certification.
- Reconstructed the ethanolamine plant I to an ethylene glycol monobutyl ether plant with an annual output of 20,000 tons.
- Completed the gas plant with annual output of 340,000 tons at Linyuan site
- Far Eastern Union Petrochemical (Yangzhou) Ltd. officially started commercial operation of the ethylene oxide and ethylene glycol plants with respective annual output of 400,000 and 500,000 tons.
- Completed construction of the CO2 plant III at Linyuan site with an annual output of 40,000 tons.
- Completed the ethylene oxide and ethylene glycol debottleneck project with annual capacities of 360,000 tons and 300,000 tons, respectively.
- Completed the Tong Da Gas Industries ( Yangzhou) Ltd gas plant with an annual capacity of 800,000 tons.
- The Investment Commission MOEA approved PPL investment in the Tong Da Gas Industries (Yangzhou) Ltd, mainly engaged in an ethylene low-temperature storage tank project and the construction of an air separation plant project. The company holds 50% shareholding indirectly.
- Completed the Oriental Petrochemical (Yangzhou) Corp. ethylene oxide derivatives plant with an annual capacity of 60,000 tons.
- Investment Commission MOEA approved PPL investment in Far Eastern Union Petrochemical (Yangzhou) Ltd, which was mainly engaged in the production and sale of ethylene glycol and ethylene oxide. OUCC acquired 50% of the stock.
- Oriental Petrochemical ( Yangzhou) Corp. constructed and put the 40,000 tons ethanolamine plant into operation.
- Completed the construction of the ethylene oxide derivatives (EOD)plant in Linyuan with an annual capacity of 40,000 tons.
- Purchased Pacific Petrochemical Holding Ltd. (PPL) stock shares from Yuan Ding Investment Corp and Core Pacific Capital Ltd. In addition, sold PETH shareholding to Far Eastern New Century
- Corp. OUCC holds 100% of PPL shareholding after the transaction was completed and 39% indirect shareholding of Oriental Petrochemical (Shanghai).
- Won the“National Industrial Zone Safety Partnership Excellence Award - Premium Business Unit” medal from the Council of Labor Affairs, Executive Yuan.
- Completed ethanolamine plant II with an annual production capacity of 40,000 tons. This increased the total annual ethanolamine production capacity to 80,000 tons.
- Completed the ethylene carbonate plant debottleneck project to increase the annual production capacity to 60,000 tons.
- The Investment Commission MOEA approved OUCC (Bermuda) Holding Ltd investment and establishment of the Oriental Petrochemical ( Yangzhou) Corp. mainly engaged in the production and sales of ethanolamine, ethylene carbonate, fatty alcohol ethoxylates, polyethylene glycol, and polyethylene glycol monomethyl ether.
- Completed the multi-functional pilot plant that was designed and constructed by OUCC as a good foundation for future technology development, the design of processes as well as new product pilot runs.
- Received the 2004 Taiwan Industrial highest award “Industrial Sustainability Elite Award”, which is a symbol of sustainable development for enterprises.
- Invested in the Shanghai Oriental Petrochemical PTA Plant that was completed and put into production in 2006.
- Completed the ethanolamine plant with an annual capacity of about 40,000 tons.
- Completed the ethylene carbonate plant with an annual capacity of about 40,000 tons.
- Obtained ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Safety & Health Administration certification.