OUCC has inherited the business philosophy of “sincerity, diligence, thrift, prudence, and innovation” from the Far Eastern Group. In this challenging new era, we continue to seek innovation and change to face global issues, such as global climate change, the water and energy shortage as well as social participation. With courageous, innovative spirit, and modest attitude, we are committed to creating a future of environmental symbiosis and social integration by applying sustainable strategies through “true” attitudes and actions.
2020 Sustainable Performance
- Reduced carbon dioxide by 35,934t-CO₂e per year
- Obtained ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management System transfer certification.
- Promote GHG Scope 3 inventories
- The first company in Taiwan to introduce ABR technology
- NT$68 million was invested to set up a wastewater recycling system.
The system trial and performance tests were completed in December 2020.
The actual current water consumption is around 700 tons per day,
with a wastewater recycling rate of more than 60%
- Establish a waste removal and transportation platform
- Improved waste management and control by increasing the reuse rate of metal barrels
- Donations to local charities and disadvantaged minority groups amounted to a total of NT$3.25 million